I am a…
- Rock climber
- Ultramarathon runner
- Yoga instructor
- Ironman in training
- Nutrition and fitness enthusiast
- Avid home cook and baker
- Lucky wife to the amazing Tyler (you’ll hear all about him)
I love to…
- Feel strong and healthy
- Meet inspiring people
- Accomplish things I thought were impossible
- Help others find their happiness
Why “Live to Live”?
- The catalyst: I spent my first 8 post-college years settled in a comfortable, secure job at a great company in Washington, DC. When the company was acquired and I learned that I was going to be laid off, I felt embarrassed. I felt worried. I felt scared. I also felt an overwhelming sense of dread at the thought of getting another corporate job.
- The decision: After weeks of soul searching, research, and brainstorming with my husband Tyler. The decision was made: I would take a leap and pursue my passion. For me, this meant becoming a yoga instructor and developing this website, both with the goal of helping others find health, strength, peace, and happiness.
- The goal: Share the healing powers of good food and hard work, so you can stop existing, and start living.
What’s on Live to Live?
- Recipes to give you energy and strength (And sometimes a bit of sugar, because we’re supposed to be living, right?)
- My favorite training plans (all tried and tested) for everything from long-distance running to rock climbing, to general strength training
- Stories from people just like you, who had big dreams and made them come true (note the word “made” – there’s a lot of hard work behind these success stories)
- Yoga and meditation tips and practices, because a centered mind and strong body will help you deal with any challenge that comes your way
Wait…where’s the meat?
- In the spirit of Ahimsa (the principle of non-violence towards all living things, including animals), I have chosen to follow a vegetarian diet. You’ll be surprised how amazing food can taste even without animal products!
Thank you for joining me. Let’s get living!