Sometimes simple is key. It’s a hard lesson to remember when there are so many spices, sauces, and flavor combinations to experiment with, but we often create our best recipes when we throw together a quick, simple dish based on 2-3 main ingredients that sound good at the moment.
This summery salad works perfectly as a side dish. Or, make it a main course by serving with seared tempeh, half an avocado sprinkled with salt and pepper, or even grilled chicken.
I haven’t listed the exact amounts of greens versus toppings below so you can customize the proportions to suit your preferences. When we make this recipe, we use about 2 cups of greens, 1/4 cup of nuts, 1/2 cup of grapes, and 1 TBL of goat cheese per serving.
Grape and Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Servings: Vinaigrette will dress about 4 salads
- Spring mix or other salad greens
- Chopped raw nuts (we used a combination of walnuts and slivered almonds)
- Plain goat cheese
- Red grapes, halved
- Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (see below)
- Candied nuts for topping (optional)
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBL honey mustard
- 1 TBL apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBL lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine the salad greens, raw nuts, goat cheese and grapes (whatever ratio you like) in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the salad dressing, then pour a small amount over the salad and mix well to coat
- Serve with a few candied nuts (optional) and more salad dressing, salt and pepper to taste